Need Sleep? Here Are 7 Hacks That Will Help
7 Simple Hacks that Will help Get a Good Night Sleep
7 Sleep Hacks For A Better Night Sleep
7 Sleep Hacks To Make Your Mornings Easier
Super Sleep Hacks for Better Nights
Sleep Solutions! 7 Hacks for Better Slumber
If your mornings are miserable because you’re not getting a good night’s sleep; here’s a few hacks that will help solve that problem.
Time to bring on that sweet slumber!
- The glowing light of a computer screen suppresses your serotonin levels.
Looking directly into that light is like looking into the sun! It tricks your brain into thinking it is the middle of the dat!
- Turn off computer 3 hours before you go to bed.
- Read a book
- Dim the light on your phone if you want to surf the net or play a game..
- Distractions in your bedroom could be keeping you from getting good night sleep.
Sounds, lights, and annoyances, oh my! The little things can distract the soundest sleeper. They can really make it tough to turn off your mind for the night!
- Keep books, magazines, electronics out of your bed.
- It’s best to place your computer, reading material, and phone in the living room and out of the bedroom to avoid those distractions.
- If you have a TV, turn it off or unplug it.
- The temperature in your bedroom may be keeping you awake.
Shivering or sweating? The end result is the same: a lack of solid sleep! You can lose can lose out on your slumber simply because of climate control!
Studies have shown that people sleep better if they keep the temperature between 65 – 72 degrees.
If you can’t control the temp in your room:
- Stick your feet out of the blanket
- Open a window to find that cool, sweet spot that will help you get a good night sleep.
- Chilly? Pile on those extra blankets or get some fleecy jammies to keep you snug.
It’s been proven that people sleep better when they have a loved one to cuddle with. Snuggling with a loved one lowers your cortisol levels and relieves stress thus allowing you a more peaceful night’s sleep. Don’t have a significant other? We’ve got you covered
- A beloved pet will love your cuddles!
- Wrap yourself around a full length body pillow
- There’s a reason you slept with a teddy bear when you were 5! Get a stuffed friend!
- Take a 15-minute caffeine power nap
If you’ve had a bad night’s sleep, it can be rough to function! But, what can you do? Here’s a good trick to get you back on your feet.
- Make yourself a cup of coffee, then ice it down for quick consumption.
- Drink the whole cup, then lay down and take a nap
- It takes about 15 to 20 minutes for the caffeine to kick in.
You’ll get a quick power nap and the caffeine will not let you sleep too long. You’ll wake refreshed and ready to tackle anything.
- Can’t Fall Asleep? Try Drinkables
If you’ve been struggling in bed for over an hour and can’t fall asleep, it’s time to make yourself a warm non-caffeinated beverage.
- Chamomile tea
- Kava Kava or Lemon Balm tea
- Even a glass of warm milk will raise you body temp enough to get you in the mood to sleep.
- The bonus hack! You just might need a new mattress.
Since you spent a third of your life in bed, a good mattress is essential. The people at casper.com has a bed that’s worth looking into. Your body will thank you, and so will your sleepy mind!
Extra TIP for the Not-So-Morning-Person:
If you have trouble waking up, place your alarm in a very inconvenient spot. By the time you walk all the way across the house to turn it off, you might as well get up and start your day.
We hope these hacks help. Sweet dreams!