Create your own Witch-Shoes out of an old or unused pair of shoes.
If you want to make something unique this Halloween, this is the “how-to” on transforming your old shoes into a chic pair of witchy-shoes. All you need is old or broken jewelry pieces, glitter, cardboard, ribbon or fabric, mod podge, and a little imagination.
- Cut a piece of firm cardboard and tape to the front-bottom of the shoe to create a pointed edge. Then, Mod-Podge newspaper over the top and the rest of the shoe to create the dramatic effect. Allow 6-8 hours to dry properly.
- Paint the shoes to the desired color, I chose black. Next, pencil out the pattern you want, paint, or mod-podge that pattern with your choice of fabric or ribbon.
- Apply glitter in the places you desire by using more of your mod-podge glue.
- I chose this pattern, but this idea can be applied to any colors you’d like.
- Now it’s time to apply the finishing touches. With a glue gun, add your old jewelry pieces, ribbon, hoop earrings, bat barrettes, and a couple decorative spiders. And don’t forget to check your local Dollar-Tree store for any cool craft pieces for those witchy-shoes.
You can also spice up any Fall or Halloween wood signs with a just bow and a few fall decorations. Remember: A hot glue gun is always your friend.